Ad Code

Interview common Questions and Answers

Interview common Questions and Answers

Do or Donot at the time of INTERVIEW


1)  Practice makes the man perfect. So practice in front of the mirror or with your friends/colleagues.
2)  Being on time to the interview is very essential.Make sure of interview time and be before fifteen minutes for the interview.
3)  During the interview answer clearly and confidently.
4)  Make eye contact to other interviewer while answering.
5)  Turn off your cell phone, i-pod, pager etc.
6)  Do not smoke while waiting for an interview.
7)  Do not answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’ type manner.
8)  Listen carefully and answer the questions.If you are not clear with their questions ask another time and clarify it.
9)  Dress professionally for the job and do not wear jeans, T-shirts etc.

Interview common Questions and Answers!


1)   Tell me about yourself?
2)   Why do you want this job?
3)   Tell me about your hobbies….?
4)   How do you manage to work under pressure?
5)   What Are Your Great Strengths?
6)   What Are Your Great Weakness?
7)   What you have learned from your mistakes?
8)   What do you like about your present job?
9)   Why should I hire you?
10)  Why did you leave your last job?
11)  What are your goals?

Sample Interview Questions with Suggested Ways of Answering


1. Tell me about yourself/ Walk me through you CV?/ Introduce yourself/

After greeting, shaking hands and introducing yourself,interviewers are probably going to ask you to do is to talk about yourself. they don’t want to hear every single detail or personal matters.Avoid saying something like:
►  I was born in Delhi.I love playing cricket,or I have two brothers.
They don’t want to know everything about you.They want to know about you and your career growth;they want to know about you related to the job you’re applying for.
Start with the present and tell why you are well qualified for the
Ans.  you could answer with any of the following:-
►  I’ve been working as -----(Say present job name)  for 2 years and my duties included to maintaining accounts(or ------ say job nature).
►  I have always been interested finance (or say -----) which was why I chose to follow this career path.
►  Your company is one of reputed company, and my education seems extremely well suited to this role.
►  Since ___ year before I am in the ___ field, and like to face the challenges persist in this.
►  I started my career as a ___ [job profile] with ___ [company name] and since then I’ve growmy skill and knowledge in ____, which  will be very helpful in this role from my point of view.    
►  My major accomplishments that determine me fit for this role are ___, ___, and ___, and I could surely achieve alike or better results for you.
►  I am strongly interested in this field for a long time.  I hope my ____ skills could be most valuable to your team.
►  After completing ____ [educational qualification], I focus to go into the ___ field only.
►  Outside of work, I like to be socially connected to others and I’m always glad for the chance to … [relax with a magazine, book,devote time with friends and family, trip etc.]

These above examples are just icebreaker to help you. Try to give some real life example in your answer to make your answer interesting for Interviewer and give a concise explanation. Your approach of thinking can make your answer best and interviewer will also think  “Wow! For this best answer I waited for whole day!”

2. Tell us about yourself.

Bad answer:
“I graduated four years ago from the University of Michigan, with a Bachelor’s in Biology – but I decided that wasn’t the right path for me. So I switched gears and got my first job, working in sales for a startup. Then I went on to work in marketing for a law firm. After that, I took a few months off to travel. Finally, I came back and worked in marketing again. And now, here I am, looking for a more challenging marketing role.”
Instead of giving a chronological work history, focus on your strengths and how they
pertain to the role. If possible, illustrate with examples.
Good answer:
“I’m really energetic, and a great communicator. Working in sales for two years helped me build confidence, and taught me the importance of customer loyalty. I’ve also got a track record of success. In my last role, I launched a company newsletter, which helped us build on our existing relationships and create new ones. Because of this, we ended up seeing a revenue increase of 10% over two years. I’m also really interested in how companies can use web tools to better market themselves, and would be committed to building on your existing platform.”

3. What are your weaknesses?

No one is perfect.Everyone has weaknesses, but what they are checking here. they want to know how self-aware(how much you know about yourself) you are.
►  I sometimes am slower in completing my tasks compared to others because I really want to get things right. I will double or sometimes triple-check  documents and files to make sure everything is accurate (correct).

►   Everybody has weaknesses, but don't spend too much time on this one and keep it work related. Along with a minor weakness or two, try to point out a couple of weaknesses that the interviewer might see as strengths, such as sometimes being a little too meticulous about the quality of your work.
►  (Avoid saying "I work too hard." It's a predictable, common answer.) For every weakness, offer a strength that compensates for it.

4. Why did you leave your last job?

If you’re applying for your first job, this question is not for you. However, if you’ve worked before, the interviewer wants to find out why you left your old job. Did you leave because you were fired? Did you Resign?

If you chose to leave your old job, avoid saying anything  negative about your old workplace or boss (even if this is true).  The person or people interviewing you will just look at you in a  negative way. You can say the following:

►  I’m looking for new challenges.
►  I feel I wasn’t able to show my talents.
►  I’m looking for a job that suits my qualifications.
►  I’m looking for a job where I can grow with the company.

5. Tell us about your education

Here they want to know everything you’ve studied related to the job.  For example your training and further education (e.g. university,  polytechnic, college). You don’t need to tell them everything you’ve  done since elementary school, just the important things.
Your: Degrees – 3-4 year qualification from university/college.
Diploma – A short-term qualification (e.g. 1 year) from college/university/polytechnic.
Certificate – A piece of paper showing your participation in a course.  NB: Make sure you take all the necessary documents with you, as they may  need proof!
►  If they ask you the question: tell us about your scholastic record,
 they want to know what kind of grades you received.

6. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?

Here, they are asking about your goals. Again, it’s related to  your career, not your personal life.Be careful what you say here.
 you need to be ambitious, but NOT too ambitious as those  interviewing you may see you as a threat (competition).  You can mention: By then I will have…I would have liked to…
►  I want to Enhanced my knowledge and Achieved a higher position..
►  I want to Become a team leader…

7. What kind of salary do you expect?

Here, they are asking you about how much money you would expect  to earn from the job. Be reasonable.  Make sure you do your research on the internet  about what the average salary is. Do not say I don’t know,  it makes you sound unsure.

8. Do you have any questions for me/us?

Yes, you do! This is how an interviewer will usually finish the interview.
They are not just being polite – they want you to speak.
Remember, they’re still judging you as you answer this question.  So don’t ask anything that will make you sound silly, such  as what kind of work does your company do? Or how much vacation  time do I get each year? You want to find out more, and if you don’t  ask any questions, then they may view this as you being not very  interested in the job. Ask questions like:
►  Do you have any examples of projects that I would be working on if I were to be offered the job? This shows that you’re interested in the actual job and not just being employed. ►  What is the typical day for this position (job)? Find out what kind of duties are involved and what kind of things you would be expected to do on a day-to-day basis.
►  Does the company offer in-house training to staff? This shows your  interest in not only getting the job, but also wanting to improve and grow.
►  Does this job usually lead to other positions at the company?
►  What kind of positions?

9. Why should I hire you?

►  Bad answer:- “I’m the best candidate for the role.” A good answer will reiterate your qualifications, and will highlight what makes you unique.
►  Good answer:
“I’ve been an Executive Assistant for the past ten years,  my boss has said time and time again that without me, the organization would fall apart. I’ve also taken the time to educate myself on some of the software I regularly use (but didn’t really understand the ins and outs of). I can work faster,  and take over some of what my boss would traditionally have had to do himself. What’s good enough for most people is never really good enough for me.”

10. How do you explain your gap in employment?

►   Bad answer:- "I was so tired of working, and I needed a break,” or “I just can’t find a job.” Employment gaps are always tough to explain. You don’t want to come across as lazy or unhireable. Find a way to make your extended unemployment seem like a choice you made, based on the right reasons.
►   Good answer:- “My work is important to me, so I won’t be satisfied with any old job. Instead of rushing to accept the first thing that comes my way, I’m taking my time and being selective to make sure my next role is the right one."

11. Why do you want to leave your current job? (Why did you leave your last job?)

►  Be careful with this. donot tell "I need more money." you say "It's a career move."

12. Which adjectives would you use to describe yourself?

►   Answer with positive, work-oriented adjectives, such as conscientious, hard-working, honest and courteous, plus a brief description or example of why each fits you well.

13. Describe a time when you did not get along with a coworker.

►   Bad answer:- "I’m easy to get along with, so I’ve never had any kind of discord with another coworker.” Interviewers don’t like these types of “easy out” answers. And besides, they know you are probably not telling the truth. Think of a relatively benign (but significant) instance, and spin it to be a positive learning experience.
►   Good answer:
“I used to lock heads with a fellow nurse in the INCU ward. We disagreed over a lot of things – from the care of patients to who got what shifts to how to speak with a child’s family. Our personalities just didn’t mesh. After three months of arguing, I pulled her aside and asked her to lunch. At lunch, we talked about our differences and why we weren’t getting along. It turns out, it was all about communication. We communicated differently and once we knew that, we began to work well together. I really believe that talking a problem through with someone can help solve any issue.”
14. What motivates you?

►   Bad answer:- "Doing a good job and being rewarded for it.” It’s not that this answer is wrong – it’s just that it wastes an opportunity. This question is practically begging you to highlight your positive attributes. So don’t give a vague, generic response – it tells them very little about you. Instead, try and use this question as an opportunity to give the interviewer some insight into your character, and use examples where possible.
►   Good answer:
“I’ve always been motivated by the challenge of meeting a tough deadline – in my last role, I was responsible for a 100% success rate in terms of delivering our products on time and within budget. I know that this job is very fastpaced, and deadline-driven – I’m more than up for the challenge. In fact, I thrive on it.”
15. How would your friends describe you?

►   Bad answer:- "I’m a really good listener.” While being a good listener is a great personality trait, your employer probably doesn’t care all that much. It’s unlikely that they’re hiring you to be a shoulder to cry on. You’ll want to keep your answer relevant to the job you’re interviewing for – and as specific as possible. If you can, insert an example.
►   Good answer:
“My friends would probably say that I’m extremely persistent – I’ve never been afraid to keep going back until I get what I want. When I worked as a program developer, recruiting keynote speakers for a major tech conference, I got one rejection after another – this was just the nature of the job. But I really wanted the big players – so I wouldn’t take no for an answer. I kept going back to them every time there was a new company on board, or some new value proposition. Eventually, many of them actually said “yes” – the program turned out to be so great that we doubled our attendees from the year before. A lot of people might have given up after the first rejection, but it’s just not in my nature. If I know something is possible, I have to keep trying until I get  it.

16.What makes you angry?”

Interviewer is just only get to somewhat personal that  what are the things or condition that makes you to being angry. Interviewer is sitting front is to check whether you are fit to the position. There are many jobs in which employee have to be calm  and not have to lose their control, because of which not only worker  but also company have to suffer.
The best Answer replied to Interview question that will help to you prepare
►   your answer on such question – “It’s the human nature and no one is wanted to be angry till such circumstances occur. We must try to be calm and make friendly relation.  But in wrong aspects of something like scam and corruption,  we must have to show such expression of anger to finish them.  I consider anger as a weapon which we can use at right time at right place  for benefit.”

17.What are your outside interests?”

It is the one of the question that is relates to your interest. You can gauge something more about company’s culture that how would it gaze upon favorite outside doings.
We provided the Best answer for this interview question and some tips to elaborate your answer. You can enhance your answer by breaking all those holes that could limit your opportunities. Your answer must be absolute to your activities that will represent your behavior. Keep your focus on the job for which you are in there in the interview. You must understand that recruiter hiring you to do work for organization not you family, whether your extra activities are most excellent. Try to outline those activities and interest that represent or give a prediction of you wisdom and responsibilities. Your activities show your demonstration to institutional trust, your abilities and extra quality that you have. The best answer that will suite in the reply for what are your outside interests?
►   I’m eldest among all brothers hence I like to spend my  time with them and teach them about latest technologies  and new things and take them to places they'll enjoy.
►   I'm a creative person and I like literature. So I read at least a book every month and love to write little poems too.
►   I like to watch surrounding me to learn as everything has  something I can learn from it.Also I love to play some outdoor games.

18.Can you work under pressure?”

By this question, interviewer just wants to know extra that  how candidate will tackle the pressure while working with company.
►   The best suitable example for it – Sir, I can work similarly in the environment of pressure as when there's no pressure. I make the unwanted emotional factors also as tool and using it in working hard irrespective of down time or busy time. I always select and consolidate my work, and from there,  work efficiently. If a condition there involved pressure due to a  lack of time, then also my work is simple effective. The only effect  in my work that would be the extra time I would need to put in to  encounter the target on time. Since I prefer my normal work which  is great work, then I presume I also well under pressure working. But the major difference between hard work and Smart work is that following a linear series of step to complete a work without  using skill is hard work. If there is use of skills to efficiently  accomplish a targeted work is the smart work. The definition of hard work or smart work may vary to individual.  But all implies to the same. Best answers that telling the  differences between hard work and smart work can be seen below –
The Major difference between hard work and smart work is only that in hard work person does is work step by step without using brain and  doing it in traditional way as all have done earlier. Since there is large  effort required in hard work still not preferred in industry. Smart work requires mental abilities to get work done easily. A work is said to be accomplished smartly if it fulfilling the requirements within a specific time and with less physical and mental stress. Smart work is a creative approach to the efforts to be work done. Smart work may include shortcuts to achieve the goal but implemented in efficient way. Smart work yields better result than that of hard work Hard work is to doing work as we learnt but smart work is doing work efficiently with some innovative changes that we have ever learnt. Smart work is meaningful to you at it represents you working with a goal in mind.
For examples –
Cutting the tree from top to bottom is hard work.
Cutting the tree only at the bottom is smart work.

19.What is the Difference between Confidence & Overconfidence?

It is a nice question to answer.
►   Generally there is little bit dissimilarity between confidence and over-confidence. If anyone says “I can do it”, then it is his / her confidence.  Whereas, if anyone says “I can only do this”, this we can summarize as  his / her overconfidence.
Only someone’s behavior, attitude and speech can tell about his / her state, either there is confidence or overconfidence. An individual may actproudly, superior and somewhat of a showoff in overconfidence. Overconfidence may also exist where lack of confidence. Overconfident person speak loudly to get attention and tryto prove their point forcefully. Overconfident person like to make fun of others. Confidence is an important element in reaching our goals but over-confidence can take in negative ways. Simply saying, overconfidence is confidence that is unjustified.


20. What are your strengths?

When your interviewer asks you this question, they want to know all your positive qualities. These positive qualities need to relate to what they wantand are looking for.
►  you could answer with any of the following:

I am a punctual person. I always arrive early and complete my work on time.  My previous job had a lot of deadlines (time when you must finish something  by) and I made sure that I was organized and adhered to (respected)  all my jobs.

►  I consider myself to be a team-player.
►  I like to work with other people and I find that it’s much easier to achieve something when everyone works  together and communicates well.
►  I’m ambitious. I have always set myself goals and it motivates me to work hard.  I have achieved my goals so far with my training, education and work  experience and now I am looking for ways to improve myself and grow.

21. What do you know about our company?

►   To answer this one, research the company before you interview.
22. Why do you want to work for us?

►   Same as above. Research the company before you interview. Avoid the predictable, such as, "Because it's a great company." Say why you think it's a great company.

23. What makes you want to work hard?

►   Naturally, material rewards such as perks, salary and benefits come into play. But again, focus more on achievement and the satisfaction you derive from it.

24. Why do you want this job?

►   To help you answer this and related questions, study the job ad in advance. But a job ad alone may not be enough, so it's okay to ask questions about the job while you're  answering. Say what attracts you to the job. Avoid the obvious and meaningless, such as, "I need a job."

25. How do you handle pressure and stress?

►   This is sort of a double whammy, because you're likely already stressed from the interview and the interviewer can see if you're handling it well or not.  Everybody feels stress, but the degree varies. Saying that you whine to your shrink, kick your dog or slam down a fifth of Jack Daniels are not good answers. Exercising, relaxing with a good book, socializing with friends or turning stress into productive energy are more along the lines of the "correct" answers.

26. What good books have you read lately?

►   Finally, add a recently published bestselling work of fiction by a world-class author and you’ll pass  this question with flying colors.
☞ RTI - Our Rights एप्स को यहाँ से Install करे :-

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

0 टिप्पणियाँ

Close Menu